Skip to content

Tahiti Finished

May 21, 2018

Oh so soon…..this wonderful project is done. I think I would like to have this made into a pillow. Not sure who to contact. Not something I want to do.

I had so much fun with this I am sorry it is done.

Now I must get back to Metalforms……need my thinking cap 😏

Advertisements

Tahiti

May 12, 2018

No I am not traveling…..although I wish I could.

When I finished Starburst Garden I wanted something fun to stitch. I am not ready to go back to Metalforms just yet.

From a basket that I won at our last ANG meeting I got the chart for Tahiti designed by Kathy Rees. I have done several of her designs and this one is bright and fun. I had almost forgotten what it was like to follow instructions that tell you just what stitch to put where.

Here is my progress this week.

I had the Watercolors called Tahiti and put together most of the other threads from my stash. If I didn’t have the exact color I used what I had that was close. The difference of a value here and there doesn’t seem to be noticeable. This design uses Watercolors, #5 pearl cotton and DMC/Anchor floss.

Starburst Garden

May 5, 2018

Our ANG chapter is doing Carolyn Mitchell’s Starburst Garden as a chapter program. As the program chairman I stitched the project to be able to offer some tips and find any difficult areas. It has given me a break from Metalforms and I enjoyed just following directions. It has reminded me why I love counted needlepoint so much.

The Starburst is all metallic braid and that never photographed very well.

Ta da

The colors are much brighter…photos do not represent the colors. I wish I knew how to get a better photo.

Have a happy stitching day.

Metalforms…….. testing my brain

April 17, 2018

I have been spending a lot of time on Metalforms. Stitching, ripping, thinking. Today I’m posting some close up photos. My current plan is to complete the areas I have decided are OK and then go back to the thinking part.

Metalforms

April 9, 2018

Last Saturday our Metalforms group got together for a stitch and discuss session. We all agreed that the directions leave a lot to be desired. It seemed that the designer Jeff Kulick donated the award winning design to ANG and the staff and pilot stitchers wrote the instructions. We discussed colors as two of us are doing our own colors. Best of all we actually stitched and talked.

I am now working on the areas that I am sure I am not going to change. Here is where I am after several hours today. I had help from Needlepoint Nation in obtaining more of the overdye Impressions that will fill in behind the Jessicas. A fellow stitcher had a skein and sent it to me for shipping costs. Yeah‼️‼️ we are a wonderful group of people.

More Metalforms

April 5, 2018

Just a quick update on my Metalforms ……

I decided that my mountains needed to be expanded to help balance the dark color. My Threadworx overdye represents the green and golden aspen trees with a solid dark brown to carry the color from my overdye mountain area. I am not sure if anyone looking at my finished piece will see what I see but after all it is my vision.

The purple reversing scotch stitches will have metallic half scotch on top of the purple but I haven’t decided which one I want to use. There are two different samples stitched that I keep looking at. I used two values of purple and tried to random stitch…..I think it worked well.

This Saturday the Metalforms group is getting together to stitch and discuss the project. I am looking forward to seeing what others are doing. I hope to get some pictures to share with you.

Metalforms Project

April 2, 2018

Stitching and ripping…..stitching and ripping. This project is a lesson in what works and what doesn’t. I must admit that I am enjoying the challenge and making decisions, some that work and some that doesn’t.

I have come to the conclusion that even with awful directions I can progress. With some blank canvas in the design being off a thread or two can be adjusted. This project is not charted and the directions as to where to start different areas require reading way more than once.

A fellow Needlepointer took the time to chart the whole project (what patience) but even her chart is slightly off in some areas but still a great help..

Making up my colorway as I stitch has resulted in some of the ripping. I am trying to put small amounts of color in areas to see if “works”.

Here is where I am as of this morning.

You will note that I attempted to baste all the areas. It has really helped.